About the Recipe
Facts about spaghetti squash
- Contain 1/2 the calories of spaghetti and 1/4 of the carbohydrates
- Contain immunity boosting properties due to being a rich source of vitamin C
- Contain more vitamin C than an orange
-Rich in manganese which supports bone structure, increases bone metabolism and helps prevent osteoporosis.
- Rich in antioxidants which help decrease inflammation connected to cancer prevention and treatment
- Easy way to increase vegetable intake
1 spaghetti squash
1 pack mushrooms
1 yellow onion
15 oz crushed tomato (unsalted)
3 oz tomato paste
8 oz tomato sauce
2 tablespoons of minced garlic
garlic powder (optional)
red pepper flakes (optional)
2 teaspoons of oregano
Cut in half, remove pulp
Drizzle olive oil, pepper and salt.
Put spaghetti squash in over for 25 minutes at 450
Add olive oil to saucepan on medium high heat.
Saute mushrooms, season with salt and pepper.
Roll up and chop basil. Next add onions, garlic powder, minced garlic, basil, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste to pan.
Reduce heat to medium-low while preparing squash.
Take the squash out of the oven and let cool. Fork out spaghetti inside and serve with sauce on top.