About the Recipe
Facts about sweet potatoes
- Rich in antioxidants which help decrease inflammation connected to cancer
prevention and treatment
- High in fiber, beneficial for gut health, lowering cholesterol and blood sugar
- Rich in vitamin A, great for vision and eye health
- Fewer calories than white potato
- Immunity boosting properties due to rich source of vitamin C
- Source of potassium which is beneficial for heart health
*Adapted from tasty.com
1 large sweet potato
1/2 purple onion
1 clove of garlic
2 bell peppers
1 tbsp rosemary
1 tbsp avocado oil
Chop sweet potato into 1inch cubes.
Heat avocado oil in skillet on medium high heat.
Add sweet potatoes and let cook for 10 minutes while covered.
While it is cooking, chop onions, garlic, bell peppers and jalapeno. Add to pan for 5 minutes. Serve while it's fresh and hot.