About the Recipe
Facts about mustard greens
- Contain immunity boosting properties due to being a rich source of vitamin C
-Contains more vitamin C than an orange
- Adding vinegar helps increase the absorption of nutrients from the greens
- Are the natural diuretic and has more vitamin A than spinach
- Are rich in antioxidants which help decrease inflammation connected to cancer prevention and treatment
- Treats cough and sore throats
5-6 cups of chopped mustard greens.
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 teaspoon dry jerk seasoning
1/2 cup low sodium broth
1/4 cup yellow or purple onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
dash of salt and pepper
Drizzle olive oil in pan and cook to medium heat.
Dice yellow onion and cook in pan until slightly soft or transparent color.
Add 6 cups mustard greens and 1/2 cup chicken broth.
As greens decrease in size, add garlic powder and jerk seasoning. Cook about 5-10 minutes or until soft.