About the Recipe
Facts about blueberries
- Pumps up your immune system
- Reduces inflammation in brain cells
- Helps your eyes adjust to darkness more rapidly
- Improves your ability to recall facts
- Reduces your risk of a heart attack
- Lowers your risk of type 2 diabetes by as much as 23%
- Dilates arteries to ease high blood pressure
*Facts by blueberry-haven.com
1 cup ice cubes
1 medium banana (approximately 6 inches long), sliced and frozen
1/2 cup frozen blueberries (not thawed)
1 container (8 ounces) nonfat, artificially sweetened vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup skim milk
Place ice cubes at the bottom of the blender.
Add banana slices, blueberries, yogurt, and milk. Cover and blend in pulses until smooth, stopping frequently to stir down the ice.
Serve right away. Freeze leftovers in an airtight, microwave-safe container and thaw in the microwave until slushy.